The world is facing a lot of problems today, problems that seem unsolvable. But some of these problems also look absurd, both to the eyes and to the ears.
One of these problems is Masturbation.
What is masturbation?
Masturbation, or self-pleasuring, is touching and rubbing parts of your body for sexual pleasure.
Basically, masturbation is just about self-pleasure for sexual purposes.
So, the main question now is….is Is it wrong or right?
ALSO, READ How to control your sexual urges
Is masturbation a sin?
Before looking at the biblical aspect of this, let’s see this logically.
- If masturbating was just to relieve sexual urges, then why have sex….when you can do it yourself?
- If sex is available why do you do it yourself when you can have someone do it for you?
You might not be able to answer those questions without thinking deeply.
So, is it right or wrong? …. Before you continue reading ponder on those questions, then state your views in the comment zone
Now let’s get to the main question
Is masturbation a sin?
Since this question is bible related, let’s see what the bible says about masturbation.
Now the bible did not outrightly speak about masturbation, but the bible did speak on something that covers it….
What does the Bible says about masturbation
1Thess.4.3 – For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Thess.4.4 – That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor;
- Now, look closely, the bible said abstain, and also referred to Masturbation as Fornication.
Let’s see another part of the bible
Col.3.5 – Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
- Here the bible talks about it as idolatry!
1Cor.6.18 – Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body, but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
- Now the bible see it as a sin against your own body
This clearly states that masturbation is a sin. The bible also refers to it as “Works of the flesh” (Galatians 5:19).
Generally, the works of the flesh can be seen as tools of the devil, so basically Masturbation is a tool of the devil. This is one of the things the devil uses to draw people to himself and still give you reasons why it is right for you to do it. This is why people see it as a norm and make them come to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong. But looking at it closely, both logically and spiritually, it does not make any sense.
Now, what is the real meaning of masturbation?
Before getting to the meaning, let’s see a few facts to this, just to prove that this is a sin and one should abstain from it.
- Masturbation causes depression, loneliness, and lowliness: This is mainly because one can’t come out with it, it’s not something the society approves. So one just finds solace in Masturbation, even though one Is tired of doing it, coming out with it would be quite hard because of the stigmatization one might face, therefore, making one think nobody understands him and he becomes sad. Biblically, this is seen as slavery (John 8:34)
- Masturbation has the tendency to Man whore…such as male prostitutes, pedophiles, rapists, etc. A good example could be seen In 2 Samuel vs 13. Amnon had always wanted to take his sister to bed, so he devised a plan, just because he couldn’t control his sexual urge he was known as a rapist!
- Most people would always advise that frequent socializing would help get rid of masturbation….Lol, that’s just part of the solution process, if something is done in private then it must end in private, so if masturbating is done in private it must end in private. This can be done by daily reading and meditating on the word of God….in private!
- As earlier stated, Masturbation is a tool of the devil, that he uses to draw people to himself so they would not make heaven.
Now with these few facts what is masturbation?
Masturbation is a spirit that enters into the body through the emotions as a feeling of sexual urge (i.e, when one is “h0rny”) that you can’t resist, making one to sexually pleasure yourself. Basically, masturbation is a spirit
In conclusion, Yes, masturbation is a sin. You don’t just sin against God but you also sin against yourself. Masturbation reduces your self worth, your dignity and makes you look completely worthless in the sight of God. The bible refers to it as “works of the flesh” (Fornication, Idolatry). Your body is God’s temple. Don’t buy and sell in it!