Morning prayers help us begin the day with God. When we start our day communicating with God in prayer, it gives us the assurance that God will pilot all our affairs for the day and help us jump the hurdles placed by the devil.
The bible encourages us to pray because God has promised to keep us safe if only we call on him daily. Philippians 4:6.says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” .
The essence of prayer cannot be overemphasized, as it’s rightly said, a prayerful Christain is a powerful Christain. The more you pray the stronger you become, that’s why you should not Joke with morning prayers.
Most people overlook morning prayer, some take the night prayer more seriously forgetting that morning is as important as midnight prayer.
You can present your day’s activities to God through morning prayer. We all wish to have a fruitful and stress-free day, so if you invite God into your daily boat he will ride with you till the end. So if you seek to engage in morning prayers, then you are at the right blog, just keep reading to get useful morning prayer points.
Simple morning prayers to begin your day with
♠ Good morning My lord. I thank you for this beautiful day that you have made, thank you for the gift of life, thank you for my family members and friends, thank you for not allowing the plans of my enemies against me to prevail. Thank you for being a faithful God because you never fail.
♠ Good morning, Lord! Today is a brand new day, an opportunity for a new beginning. Yesterday has come and gone including the bad experiences, mistakes, and regrets. It is a wonderful day and I am glad and I thank you so much for this great opportunity. Thank you for a new day that will help me start the day afresh with a chance to make up for the previous day and correct my mistakes.
♠ I pray that you will strengthen me and give me the grace to carry on and end the day happily. O God please show me kindness throughout the day.
Lord, I pray that you will be by my side to uphold me, guide, and direct me. Pilot my affairs for today and help me achieve my goals for today. I pray to indulge in your grace and feel your presence everywhere I go.
♠ May l be able to start my day with gratitude remembering God’s mercies and blessings, and also to remain steadfast. May God open the door of Heavenly blessings for me today! May my day be joyful and fruitful. In Jesus’ name Amen!
Morning Prayer of Daylight Strength
Dear heavenly father, this daylight, which I am awake to prepare for my daily activities. I pray dear Lord for strength to stand firm and remain steadfast irrespective of the temptations that might come my way.
Father, you know there are lots of contention I will face today. I pray that you will help me overcome them. Lift me when I fall and carry me when I feel weak, If I fall into temptation pardon me, lord. Help me overcome these temptations Strengthen me to be strong and surmount. In Jesus’ name Amen!
What’s the benefit of Morning Prayer?
Morning prayer is a very powerful weapon to build our heart and mind to God as we begin our day. When we say our prayers, we obey Christ’s word in Matthew 6:33, which says “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Whatever we engage ourselves with in the morning will determine how your day will be and your mood throughout the day. When we start the day with prayer we strengthen our hearts, minds, and peace. A prayer for humility and appreciation helps us to maintain virtue in our lives daily and activities.
Sometimes we might be distracted or be in a haste mostly in the morning, but when we pray to God he helps us to be calm and work through the day without being worried. Morning prayers enable us to be more cautious of sin, with God’s grace and mercy we rest assured that our day will be blissful.
ALSO, READ How To Study the Bible (Step By Step)
Scriptures on the Importance and Power of Prayer
1. Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
2. Mark 11:24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
3.1 Thessalonians 5:17-19 “Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”
4. Matthew 6:6 “But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
5. James 5:16 “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”
Bible verses on Morning Prayers
1. Psalm 143:8 “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life”.
2. Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your loyal love! Then we will shout for joy and be happy all our days!
3. Psalm 86:11-12 “Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever”.
4. Psalm 25:5 “Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long”.
5. Psalm 119:35 “Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it”.
6. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me”.
7. Psalm 59:16 “But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress”.
8. Isaiah 33:2 “LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress”.
9. Psalm 73:26 “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever”.
10. Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you”.
11. Psalm 86:2 “Guard my life, for I am faithful to you; save your servant who trusts in you. You are my God”.
12. Psalm 40:11 “Do not withhold your mercy from me, LORD; may your love and faithfulness always protect me”.
13. Psalm 140:4 “Guard me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men, who have planned to trip up my feet”.
Morning prayer is a powerful tool for Christians to begin the day with hope and strength believing that everything will go well as far as God is with you.It will be wrong to start your day alone without involving God, So always invite God into your daily life.
ALSO, READ The Curse and Mark of Cain (Genesis 4:11–16)